A well used tool by developers who build websites for everyone is WAVE – which means Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool. It gives instant feedback on your website content’s accessibility, and is free to use for anyone, without even having to sign up for a trial or registering as a user.
You don’t need to be technically minded to realise how it works.
Follow these steps.
- Go to http://wave.webaim.org
- Paste your URL into the search bar on the WAVE website.
- Red and Yellow markers show you where any issues are.
- Ask your marketing team for a review of these findings.
Fixing these issues will open up the following benefits.
- Your SEO will improve because Google will be able to read your pages easier.
- Your website will become more usable and therefore more effective.
- More people will be able to use your website.
- If you want us to look at your website’s accessibility issues, email your URL to
and I’ll be happy to help.